Monday, November 23, 2009

More

Hello again.

My ministries with the youth and daycare are still going well, besides that there really isn't anything to report.

There are a few more things that I have gotten involved with. On Tuesday and Thursday night I went to IT Tender Ministries and helped out with their night life ministry. IT Tender Ministries is a drop-in center and sometimes is almost a community center, they run many different programs out of their building. For example a nutrient seminar for mother on how to feed their children (which is going on right now and will be all week), and Feeding My Starving Children which happens Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays for supper, I'll be helping out tonight. They feed about 75 each time and most of them are malnourished. But the night life, the one I'm going to be apart of is set up for the street people. Which most of them are addicted to sniffing solvent. IT Tender Ministries opens their doors for them on Tuesday and Thursday evenings to give them something to eat, facilities to bath, bible lessons, songs, games and fellowship. This Tuesday I will be bringing some of the youth from my Church to this program for a exposure trip. It's about a 20 minute ride from where I live and the Church is.

On Sunday I had an outing with one of the squatter communities that IT Tender Ministries helps out with. We went to the pool, which was totally awesome and this coming Thursday we're going to take the same group of people to play some basketball. I'm obviously I'm going to take them all to school, because you all know I got hoop dreams.

One more ministry that I am apart of is the Batang Crayola. It's on Saturday mornings and we bring kids from 2 different squatter communities to our church and run a small program for them.

One of the partner Churches that we have is helping some of the victims of the typhoons. So I was taken along to the area for a look and it is unbelievable that there are still places that are flooded. Some people are still not back in their houses because the water is thigh deep. Others can be in their houses but the streets are flooded so they have made makeshift bridges to get to their houses. I am so surprised that I didn't break the bridge, it was so shady, not made for 200 lbs white boys. Also the water is the most rancid water I have ever seen. So I ask for your prayers that they can recover quickly.

Last but not least, starting next week the Christmas parties will be starting and we still need more funds so I ask for your donations to give the people affected by the typhoons a joyful Christmas.

Keep praying for all the ministries and thank you so much for all of your prayers, love and support. May God Bless you richly

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment